Thursday, October 6, 2011

I left Oklahoma eight weeks ago. I don't know how I feel about it. I can't make up my mind whether or not it feels like I've really been gone this long. In some ways yes, in some ways no. I miss home though. But I'm also really happy I'm here. It's going to be weird/bittersweet when I leave.

In other news, I took a hot shower today. Until now the water I showered in came from a tank on the roof, I think so it was never hot, but not really cold. I quit showering when it started cooling down so I was getting pretty gross. It's pretty stupid but I thought in my mind I would just go without a shower instead of taking a cold one. I decided to find a way to heat up water and bathe with it somehow but I never thought of a good way to do that. Then I found out the house I'm in has a boiler on the first floor so I can take a hot shower basically whenever if the boiler is turned on in advance. I think that's pretty funny. I feel sooooooo good right now. It's amazing.


I'll be home in about three weeks. And a delegation is coming next week, so that's cool.

We made shirts for a conference this weekend. Mine says "Make Falafel, Not War" in Kurdish, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your older posts. That is weird looking land, but it's good. I don't know if I've seen land like that before. Also, why are there buildings there? I thought Iraq was desert.

    ReplyDelete